[postgis] Connection problem

Searle Ross Ross.Searle at nrm.qld.gov.au
Wed Feb 6 22:39:07 PST 2002

I am having a problem getting postgis to return polygon data to
mapserver. I have got postgis running in the configuration as per below.
I can return point data no worries but when I try to view polygon info I
get the following mapserver error :-

msPOSTGISLayerWhichShapes(): Query error. Error executing POSTGIS SQL
statement (in FETCH ALL): DECLARE mycursor BINARY CURSOR FOR SELECT
asbinary(force_collection(force_2d(the_geom)),'NDR'),oid::text from
hydro WHERE the_geom && setSRID('BOX3D(147.346621621622
-28.52,155.153378378378 -23.27)'::BOX3D,
find_srid('','hydro','the_geom') )

The postmaster also logs the following message at the same time

pq_flush: send() failed: Connection reset by peer
pq_flush: send() failed: Connection reset by peer
pq_flush: send() failed: Connection reset by peer
pq_flush: send() failed: Connection reset by peer
pq_flush: send() failed: Connection reset by peer
pq_flush: send() failed: Connection reset by peer
pq_flush: send() failed: Connection reset by peer
pq_flush: send() failed: Connection reset by peer
pq_flush: send() failed: Connection reset by peer
pq_recvbuf: recv() failed: Connection reset by peer

The fetch statement appears to run OK in the psql client. ie it fetchs
some records.

Anyone got any ideas

Thanks
Ross