[postgis] Itasca demo and spatial reference systems

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Wed Feb 13 08:48:30 PST 2002

If the projection you gave in the demo.map file is corrent, then yet.
Probably... the data is in Minnesota, right, and that should be in zone
15...

John Reid wrote:

> Is this the right spatial reference system for the Itasca demo (from
> postgresql/share/contrib/spatial_ref_sys.sql)?
>
> srid = 26915
> auth_name = ESRI
> auth_srid = 26915 | srtext =
> PROJCS["NAD_1983_UTM_Zone_15N",
> GEOGCS["GCS_North_American_1983",
> DATUM["D_North_American_1983",
> SPHEROID["GRS_1980",6378137,298.257222101]],
> PRIMEM["Greenwich",0],
> UNIT["Degree",0.017453292519943295]],
> PROJECTION["Transverse_Mercator"],
> PARAMETER["False_Easting",500000],
> PARAMETER["False_Northing",0],
> PARAMETER["Central_Meridian",-93],
> PARAMETER["Scale_Factor",0.9996],
> PARAMETER["Latitude_Of_Origin",0],
> UNIT["Meter",1]]

> The create table entry contains a CHECK contraint on the srid.  Any idea
> where that came from?  Does shp2pgsql create it automatically?  It is
> causing problems when I try to follow the instructions in
> postgresql/share/contrib/README.postgis.

I think shp2pgsql is putting it in. Definately not a constraint we
really want.

> BTW, postgresql/share/contrib/README.postgis looks like it has an error
> in line 81:
> should read:

Fixed, merci.

--
      __
     /
     | Paul Ramsey
     | Refractions Research
     | Email: pramsey at refractions.net
     | Phone: (250) 885-0632
     \_

Sponsored by VeriSign - The Value of Trust
Pinpoint the right security solution for your company - FREE
Guide from industry leader VeriSign gives you all the facts.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/pCuuSA/WdiDAA/yigFAA/PhFolB/TM