[postgis] Unable to drop contraint

John Reid jgreid at uow.edu.au
Wed Feb 13 15:00:16 PST 2002

In this particular case editing the load file is probably easier ;-)  I
can see why dropping a column is not implemented though.  When I was
thinking about it last night all sorts of potentially really scary
problems came up.  So, as long as you don't have *really* huge tables,
the solution below is the best one (other one I can think of is dumping,
dropping, editing the load file and reloading the table - probably a
better solution for large tables and low free space on the database
partition).  Just hope nobody wants to run a query while the maintenance
is being performed :-(

john reid                                    e-mail: jgreid at uow.edu.au
technical officer                               building 41, room G02A
school of geosciences                          phone: +61 02 4221 3963
university of wollongong                         fax: +61 02 4221 4250
nsw  2522  australia

uproot your questions from their ground and the dangling roots will be
seen.  more questions!
                                                       -mentat zensufi

apply standard disclaimers as desired...

Tiny Wireless Camera under $80!
Order Now! FREE VCR Commander!
Click Here - Only 1 Day Left!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/nuyOHD/7.PDAA/yigFAA/PhFolB/TM