[postgis] JDBC with Postgis 0.6.2

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Fri Jan 4 16:00:01 PST 2002

Oh, the reason it does not work now, is *probably* because your SQL is
not strictly speaking OpenGIS compliant. OpenGIS says  (quietly) that if
you do a "select geom from mytable" you will get the canonical form,
which could be absolutely anything. In our case, it is the funny form
with SRID=1; prepended to it. If you want normal, nice geometries, which
the JDBC objects can understand, ask for "select AsText(geom) as geom
from mytable" and all should work just as before.

--
      __
     /
     | Paul Ramsey
     | Refractions Research
     | Email: pramsey at refractions.net
     | Phone: (250) 885-0632
     \_

Sponsored by VeriSign - The Value of Trust
Secure all your Web servers now - with a proven 5-part
strategy. The FREE Server Security Guide shows you how.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/uCuuSA/VdiDAA/yigFAA/PhFolB/TM