[postgis] JDBC with Postgis 0.6.2

David Graham dgraham at i3.com
Fri Jan 4 16:24:46 PST 2002

Paul Ramsey wrote:

>How about a hack which takes it into account? :)

I thought about it.  It is really not much work to capture the value.
Would the SRID be an member of the Geometry class or the PGgeometry
class?  It seems that you would want to push it all the way to the
Geometry class.

Then that brings up the question of inserting it into the database with
the getValue() method.  I have never used these SRID entries until
today.  Can you simply set them on an insert statement by prepending
them the same way they come out?

Dave

>David Graham wrote:
>
>>Have been using JDBC with the 0.2 PostGIS.  Now I have upgraded to 0.6.2
>>and it does not work.
>>
>>Here is the problem: the new introduction of the SRID.
>>
>>I looked at the JDBC code released with 0.6.2 and it is the same old
>>code that will not run with 0.6.2.
>>
>>Questions:
>>
>>Has anyone fixed this yet?
>>
>>If not is anyone interested in a hack that totally ignores the SRID?
>>
>>Dave Graham
>>information integration and imaging, LLC
>>dgraham at i3.com
>>http://www.i3.com

Tiny Wireless Camera under $80!
Order Now! FREE VCR Commander!