[postgis] Viewing mapserver itasca demo layer using postgis

Dave Blasby dblasby at refractions.net
Mon Jan 21 13:44:53 PST 2002

Tyler Mitchell wrote:

> No change.  I get all the other shapefile layers showing just fine, but
> none from this file.
> All I've done was run the shp2pgsql, load the sql that it generated, then
> "grant select on ctybdpy to public".
> Then made my changes in the map file according to the online postgis docs.
> Is there any projection stuff I need to do?
> Has anyone else went through this process, or have a database table that I
> could load to try this with.  I'm not convinced I loaded postgis right -
> but I did it by the book and didn't get any errors.  Anything I should
> check?

Perhaps you should try to use it as the postgresql superuser to ensure
that
this isnt a permission problem.

On the other hand, it should be giving you an error if there's a problem
like that.

dave

Sponsored by VeriSign - The Value of Trust
Do you need to encrypt all your online transactions? Find
the perfect solution in this FREE Guide from VeriSign.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/vCuuSA/UdiDAA/yigFAA/PhFolB/TM