[postgis] polygon intersection function

Adrian Custer acuster at nature.berkeley.edu
Wed Jan 23 12:11:09 PST 2002

Wohoo Computational Geometry,

So the Java Topology Suite is one cannonical Free Software source of
information:
http://www.vividsolutions.com/jts/jtshome.htm

Apparently the PostGIS team is going to port this as it's in Java. Last
I understood it was going to be ported to C++ (but I've been ignoring
this list as much as I could stand to while Gnumeric was on the way to
1.0).

For other information search the FreeGIS web site:
http://www.freegis.org/

good luck,
adrian
acuster at nature.berkeley.educational (you know what to drop)

On Wed, 2002-01-23 at 11:59, simon mercier wrote:
> hi
>
> I need a function that give area from intersection of polygon geometry
> in Postgres.  From previous comment of Dave B., we see that polygon
> overlay function is style in the TODO list... :(  Is there someone
> already work on this type of function? I find in mapserver list
> archive(from Stephen Lime)  a C library to do this function.
>
> http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/aig/staff/alan/software/gpc.html
>
> Is there other library to do this or anything else to help me?
>
> --
> Simon Mercier
> Direction des technologies de l'information
> La Financière agricole du Québec
> 5825, rue Saint-Georges
> Lévis, Québec,Canada G6V 4L2
> http://www.financiereagricole.qc.ca/

Sponsored by VeriSign - The Value of Trust
Pinpoint the right security solution for your company - FREE
Guide from industry leader VeriSign gives you all the facts.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/lWSNbC/WdiDAA/yigFAA/PhFolB/TM