[Fwd: Re: [postgis-users] dataset for postgis]

Hao Ding hdi12 at it.canterbury.ac.nz
Thu Jul 4 18:16:53 PDT 2002

Hi,

I got the error message when querying the map using itasca demo application

msPOSTGISLayerOpen(): Query error. Error parsing POSTGIS connection
information.

The following is the Layer I set up in the mapfile

LAYER
   NAME "airports"
   CONNECTIONTYPE postgis
   CONNECTION "user=ryan dbname=gisdb host=localhost"
   TYPE POINT
   DATA "the_geom from airports"
   STATUS ON
   CLASS
     NAME 'Airports'
     COLOR 128 255 164
     SYMBOL 'circle'
     SIZE 7
     TEMPLATE "airports.html"
   END

   HEADER "airports_header.html"
   FOOTER "airports_footer.html"

   TOLERANCE 5

   METADATA
     WMS_TITLE "Airports"
     WMS_ABSTRACT "Airport runways for Itasca County."
     WMS_SRS "EPSG:26915"
   END
END

Is there somewhere wrong? Do I have to add a port number in the
CONNECTION info? How do I know the port the postgis is running?

Thanks
Hao