[postgis-users] using avpgcon

Robert W. Burgholzer rburghol at vt.edu
Fri Jul 26 12:57:51 PDT 2002

Armin/list,
This may be a bug in pgsql2shp.exe, of course I will try to take some time to
look at it myself, but i thought I would report it to you first. When
retrieving a column of type "timestamp" from a postgis database using the
avpgcon interface everything is truncated save the first two fields.

Example:
field "thistime" on server: 1985-07-31 04:05:16-04
field "thistime" in ArcView: 1985-07-

Now, I note that the size of the field "thistime" is 8 characters in ArcView,
which suggest that either this is a limit on the text fields, or pgsql2shp.exe
is truncating.

Any thoughts?