[postgis-users] using avpgcon

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Fri Jul 26 14:19:12 PDT 2002

pgsql2shp is probably (correctly) ascertaining that the datatype of
'thistime' is date. It is then trying to map into a DBF 'DATE' field,
which consists of 8 characters in the traditional YYYYMMDD format. The
trouble is that the string representation it is getting from pgsql does
not fit into that field format. I am not sure of an elegant fix...
P.