[postgis-users] Installation - help

Chris Hodgson chodgson at refractions.net
Mon Jul 29 09:57:31 PDT 2002

Where did you install postgres to? It seems that the postgres libraries are not in your LD_LIBRARY_PATH... they should either be in the 'lib' subdirectory of where you installed postgres, or in /usr/lib somewhere. Where-ever they are, you need to find them, and add their location to either your LD_LIBRARY_PATH, or your PGLIB environment variable. Something like:

set LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/opt/pgsql/lib

should do it, with the correct location in place of /opt/pgsql/lib, depending on your shell...

Chris