[postgis-users] Installation - help

Riyaz Prasla riyazprasla at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 29 14:52:50 PDT 2002

I am not getting that error anymore but I am getting a
different one now. So when I type: createlang plpgsql
test --pglib /usr/local/pgsql/lib, I get the following
error:

Connection to database 'test' failed.
connectDB() -- connect() failed: Connection refused
Is the postmaster running at 'localhost' and accepting
connections on Unix socke
t '5583'?
Cannot install language

Even though my postmaster is running. I have checked
that by connecting to the database by this command:
psql mydatabase

Also, I am running Linux on a Cobalt Qube.I have
installed the 7.2 version of postgres and trying to
install 0.7.1 version of postgis.

Any help on this, appreciated.

-Riyaz.