[postgis-users] Installation - help

Chris Hodgson chodgson at refractions.net
Mon Jul 29 11:27:44 PDT 2002

Sorry, please give us some more info to work with here... what platform are
you on? where exactly are the pglibs? have you had other versions of
postgres installed before (could  you be using createlang from a different
version of postgres than your libraries are?), did the createdb command not
give you any problems? (that seems weird, it should need the same libraries)

Also, you need to be a postgres user with full access permissions (root
postgres user is simplest) in order to run the createlang command. (this
isn't the right error message for that problem, but I've never seen this
message before, so I'm grabbing at straws here)

If none of this helps, perhaps you should post to the postgres list, as your
problem is more specific to postgres than to postgis...

Chris