[postgis-users] Problems with PostGIS and Proj4 on Cygwin

Obe, Regina DND\MIS robe.dnd at ci.boston.ma.us
Tue Jun 4 14:42:53 PDT 2002

I ran into the same problem too on cygwin install (it was the prior version,
but haven't tried the same trick with the new version), but since I didn't
have a non cygwin to test on, I assumed they were some bad shapes.

It happened with a file of multipolygons that were in the default latlong
that I then tried to project to NAD meters.  Of the 5000 someodd
multipolygon entries - there were 10 that refused to project.  Out of
curiosity - I looked at them in a shapeviewer - and they were very wierd
looking shapes indeed - (things with small tincy holes and such - just
generally bizarre when compared to the other shapes that projected).

To overcome it, I took my other set of data that was in NAD and converted to
latlong (that was about 400,000 line segments) -- and didn't have a problem
there.