[postgis-users] Accessing PostGIS from ArcView

Cedric BERNIER cedric.bernier at thales-is.com
Mon Jun 10 01:51:06 PDT 2002

hi Armin,

Have you tried to use this extension with ArcMap, I mean ArcGIS 8.1 or 8.2 ?

You say you don't use ODBC but is your database is on the same system than your
AcrView software ? I mean do you use cygwin or such an emulator ?
In this case, do you think it could work on a remote database configuration.
I mean : data server PostGIS on Linux and Arcview on windows?

Thank you for your investigation !