[postgis-users] Accessing PostGIS from ArcView

Armin Burger armin.burger at libero.it
Tue Jun 11 07:16:56 PDT 2002

Hisaji,

to me this seems to be a problem of the defined parameters like host and
port. One thing missing in the documentation is that the port (if other
than 5432) has to be appended to the hostname with the @ sign as
separator (like host at port). Otherwise the extension uses 5432 by
default.

I'm wondering that the access to the database works when requesting the
tables but not for the fields. What you got is no Avenue but a
connection error message. Especially I don't understand why 'pasco' will
be used as *port* name. Could this be any problem with different
codepages used for ArcView and Postgres?

I will think of adding debug functionality to the extension to log every
queries made onto the database.

Im sorry that I cannot give much more help at the moment.

Armin

>  Hello.

>  I tried to use your ArcView Extention on ArcView GIS 3.2a.

>  I used AV and PostgreSQL running on same PC.

>  I could succeed to get filed names of specified table on the Dialog
Box