[postgis-users] contrib-intarray for GIST in PostGIS-0.7.1

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Tue Jun 11 07:57:11 PDT 2002

You are quite timely :)

intarray uses GiST, GiST API was changed from 7.1 to 7.2, so using
intarray from 7.1 under 7.2 will fail.

However.

Theodor submitted a patched intarray to the maintainers only last week,
and it was committed to CVS only a couple days ago. Check out the CVS
version of PostgreSQL and use that intarray under your 7.2 installation
and everything should be fine.

You do not need to patch GiST at all, the 7.2.1 GiST shipping in
postgresql is just fine. All you need is the version of intarray which
has been reworked to the new GiST API, and as I said, that is now in the
CVS version of postgresql.