[postgis-users] Fun with multikey GiST

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Fri Jun 21 15:58:27 PDT 2002

I am disappointed that the multikey GiST was not more effective. I would
have hoped it would return results just as fast as pure geometric
queries. One possibility for multidimensional searching is generalizing
the RTree index we are using to operate in 3-space. That way one could
index features pseudo geometrically, with the Z value standing in for
some other parameter. A ways away though...

P.

--
      __
     /