[postgis-users] PostGIS in a shared environnement

David Garnier david.garnier at etudier-online.com
Thu Jun 27 15:05:10 PDT 2002

Hello,

Is it possible to run PostGIS on a shared server (i.e. a server where I can't do everything I want with PostgreSQL)? I'm thinking that building PostGIS against a local version of the source then installing the libs in lib/contrib dir should be OK. Do I really need to install postgis.sql in share/contrib? I don't care about the binaries.

The admin of this server is usually cooperative but I'd like to reduce to the max the work he will have to do. The target DB is PostgreSQL 7.1.2.

Best Regards,
David Garnier