[postgis-users] 0.7.0 make install error (cygwin)

Norman Vine nhv at cape.com
Wed May 8 16:13:07 PDT 2002

Norman Vine wrote:

>Paul Ramsey writes:
>>
>>If any cygwin experts know what is wrong with my install target,
>
>In the meantime  the standard install script trips up on
>the '.exe' extension.  Probably easiest for Cygwin users
>to just manually indicate this in their local Makefiles

Hi all

attached find the Makefile I used to create a set of Cygwin PostGIS
executables

I don't think that this should break non-Cygwin builds

Also I have temporarily placed a Cygwin binary distribution package
of PostGIS to include the Proj files at my website
http://www.vso.cape.com/~nhv/files/cygwin/postgis.tgz

These seem to work for me with the current Cygwin PostgreSQL
distribution and the most recent 'snapshot' Cygwin DLL but I don't
see why they wouldn't work with the 'current' Cygwin DLL

These were compiled with these Configuration Directives
# Set USE_PG72 to 1 for PostgreSQL version >= 7.2
USE_PG72=1
# Set USE_PROJ to 1 for Proj4 reprojection support
USE_PROJ=1

This is not a 'supported' distribution but I would be interested
in hearing of any problems encountered

Cheers

Norman