[postgis-users] gpc lost database connection - how to debug?

Nicolas Ribot nicolas.ribot at scot.cnes.fr
Thu May 23 01:25:29 PDT 2002

Hello Robert,

Glad to see you succeeded in using this code.
As soon as I have some time, I will try to complete it by dealing with
Multipolygons containing only one geometry (to be able to use polygon tables
created by shp2pgsql).

Be careful of an existing "bug" (well, a known bug I mean :-) ): If a
polygon has one of its interior rings touching the polygon's boundary at one
point, the result of the intersection between this polygon and another one
can be wrong, as GPC interiors cannot touch exterior polygons.

I was inaccurate in my description of the makefile I modified to compile
this code: the gpc C code must be compiled too. Sorry for that.

Nicolas.