[postgis-users] Dealing with bogus records

David Garnier david.garnier at etudier-online.com
Sun May 26 13:47:27 PDT 2002

Hello,
I'm using PostGIS for a project with large shapefiles (for now, at least
600.000 records) and I have a problem with bogus records. In my shapefiles,
some records are bogus, things like "A11" in a integer column, 81120-9
instead of 81129, this kind of things. I think that there is less than 10
problematic records per shapefile.

My problem is that when such a record detected by psql, the whole transaction
is rolled back. I had a look at  the code for shp2pgsql and it inserts a
transaction block every 250 record. Could this be an option? I know it will
make things a lot slower, but i don't really care.

Short of modifying shp2pgsql, do you have any ideas?

Best regards,
David Garnier