[postgis-users] Error using pgsql2shp

Luis Mota luis.mota at iscte.pt
Wed Oct 2 20:17:08 PDT 2002

Hi.

I was trying to export one of my tables to a shapefile, issuing the command

pgsql2shp -f /trabalho/bd/location.shp -g geom gis_teste2 location

 but I get the following error:
ERROR: Cannot have multiple geometry types in a shapefile.

What surprises me is that this table has no multiple geometry, as you
can see by its description, included at the end.

Am I not understanding this correctly?

Bye, Luís

                                           Table "location"
         Column          |       Type       |
Modifiers
-------------------------+------------------+---------------------------------------------------------
 slqtid                  | integer          | not null default
nextval('"location_slqtid_seq"'::text)
 gID                     | integer          |
 x                       | double precision |
 y                       | double precision |
 z                       | double precision |
 pcsID                   | integer          |
 pcsAuthor               | text             |
 latitude                | double precision |
 longitude               | double precision |
 height                  | double precision |
 gcsID                   | integer          |
 gcsAuthor               | text             |
 publicPlaceType         | text             |
 publicPlaceName         | text             |
 buildingName            | text             |
 buildingSubdivisionType | text             |
 buildingSubdivisionName | text             |
 numberType              | text             |
 doorNumber              | text             |
 floorName               | text             |
 floorSideName           | text             |
 zipCode                 | text             |
 cityName                | text             |
 stateName               | text             |
 countryName             | text             |
 language                | text             |
 geom                    | geometry         |
 dummy                   | boolean          | default 'f'::bool
Primary key: location_pkey
Check constraints: "$1" (srid(geom) = 20790)
                   "$2" ((geometrytype(geom) = 'POINT'::text) OR
(NULL::geometry = geom))
Rules: loc_insert
Triggers: RI_ConstraintTrigger_994633,
          RI_ConstraintTrigger_994631,