[postgis-users] configure error

Roland Forster roland.forster at knuut.de
Tue Oct 22 08:42:38 PDT 2002

I tried the configure lines from Norman below but it doesn't work with gcc-2
too.
What do the lines mean generated by config.log?
Norman wrote: "Try building again after logging in as a user with sufficient
privelige"
How to do?? My postgres user is part of the administration group!

This file contains any messages produced by compilers while
running configure, to aid debugging if configure makes a mistake.

configure:635: checking host system type
configure:661: checking which template to use
configure:824: checking whether to build with locale support
configure:853: checking whether to build with recode support
configure:883: checking whether to build with multibyte character support
configure:937: checking whether NLS is wanted
configure:972: checking for default port number
configure:1006: checking for default soft limit on number of connections
configure:1130: checking for gcc
configure:1243: checking whether the C compiler (gcc-2  ) works
configure:1259: gcc-2 -o conftest    conftest.c  1>&5
configure:1285: checking whether the C compiler (gcc-2  ) is a
cross-compiler
configure:1290: checking whether we are using GNU C
configure:1299: gcc-2 -E conftest.c
configure:1318: checking whether gcc-2 accepts -g
configure:1361: checking whether the C compiler (gcc-2 -O2 ) works
configure:1377: gcc-2 -o conftest -O2   conftest.c -lcygipc 1>&5
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-cygwin/2.95.3-10/../../../../i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ld:
cannot find -lcygipc
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure: failed program was:

#line 1372 "configure"