[postgis-users] configure error

Norman Vine nhv at cape.com
Tue Oct 22 09:22:25 PDT 2002

Roland Forster writes:

> I tried the configure lines from Norman below but it doesn't work with
gcc-2
> too.
> What do the lines mean generated by config.log?
> Norman wrote: "Try building again after logging in as a user with
sufficient
> privelige"
> How to do?? My postgres user is part of the administration group!

This should be OK it was hard to say from the error message

> configure:1377: gcc-2 -o conftest -O2   conftest.c -lcygipc 1>&5

/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-cygwin/2.95.3-10/../../../../i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ld:
> cannot find -lcygipc

you are getting further into the build process

You must have installed cygipc else Postgres wouldn't be running
http://www.neuro.gatech.edu/users/cwilson/cygutils/cygipc/index.html

but configure is failing because ld cannot find libcygipc.a
does  /usr/local/lib/libcygipc.a  exist ??

HTH

Norman