[postgis-users] pgsql2shp

David Garnier david.garnier at etudier-online.com
Fri Sep 13 04:55:21 PDT 2002

le ven 13-09-2002 à 13:33, staub a écrit :
> Hi,
> does anybody know why I can't connect to my own database using
> pgsql2shp?
> Here's the error message:
>         could not connect to server: Connection refused
>         Is the server running on host localhost and accepting
>         TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

It seems that your database isn't configured to accept TCP/IP connection
because:
* it wasn't started with the -i flag or
* it is configured to refuse connections: check data/pg_hba.conf.

Also, make sure your connection parameters are correct

> The other way is working fine using shp2pgsql.

shp2pgsql doesn't use the DB, it just parse shapefiles into a list of
insert statements that you can use later to insert data in the DB later.

Best Regards,
David Garnier
--
Website: http://dgarnier.etudier-online.com