[postgis-users] FYI: Solution to PostGIS Installation Problems onCygwin

Craig Miller craig at millerfam.net
Tue Apr 8 21:55:14 PDT 2003

Alternatively, would it work to just redistibute the necessary PostGIS jar
files?

Is a JDK really necessary to run Postgres/PostGIS or just to access it via
JDBC?  If it is the latter, I have found the Jars I compiled on my FreeBSD
PostGIS install to work on Windows when writing java PostGIS apps.

--Craig