[postgis-users] Missing OpenGIS "Simple Features For SQL" compliance

David Blasby dblasby at refractions.net
Wed Apr 9 09:23:08 PDT 2003

>Now me question:
>Will there be or is there a task to implement these OGC functions, too???

Its available (almost).  The current  talk about an unstable CVS is
about how we're going to release it.

I have all the "relate()"-related function (like overlaps(),
within()...) and isValid() working.  There's about 1000 test cases and
they all pass.  This code is based on GEOS (geos.refractions.net), which
is based on JTS (http://www.vividsolutions.com/jts/jtshome.htm).
The only issues remaining are a few bugs in GEOS regarding memory
management, and ensuring the build process is working.

An experimental release will be comming out this week, and we hope a
more stable release (including a new GEOS) a week or so later.

dave