[postgis-users] About $libdir

Benjamin Thelen benjamin.thelen at ccgis.de
Thu Apr 10 07:20:44 PDT 2003

Hi,

Is there a way to find out, what $libdir contains? Something like echo
$libdir or print $libdir?

I've changed $libdir to /usr/local/pgsql/lib and it now seem to work fine.
There are at the beginning of the output a few messages, which I don't
understand:

psql:../postgis.sql:18: NOTICE:  ProcedureCreate: type histogram2d is not
yet defined
psql:../postgis.sql:23: NOTICE:  Argument type "histogram2d" is only a shell
psql:../postgis.sql:39: NOTICE:  ProcedureCreate: type box3d is not yet
defined
psql:../postgis.sql:44: NOTICE:  Argument type "box3d" is only a shell
psql:../postgis.sql:59: NOTICE:  ProcedureCreate: type spheroid is not yet
defined
psql:../postgis.sql:64: NOTICE:  Argument type "spheroid" is only a shell
psql:../postgis.sql:79: NOTICE:  ProcedureCreate: type wkb is not yet
defined
psql:../postgis.sql:84: NOTICE:  Argument type "wkb" is only a shell
psql:../postgis.sql:99: NOTICE:  ProcedureCreate: type chip is not yet
defined
psql:../postgis.sql:104: NOTICE:  Argument type "chip" is only a shell
psql:../postgis.sql:120: NOTICE:  ProcedureCreate: type geometry is not yet
defined
psql:../postgis.sql:125: NOTICE:  Argument type "geometry" is only a shell
psql:../postgis.sql:154: NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE / PRIMARY KEY will create
implicit index 'spatial_ref_sys_pkey' for table 'spatial_ref_sys'
psql:../postgis.sql:174: NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE / PRIMARY KEY will create
implicit index 'geometry_columns_pk' for table 'geometry_columns'

Well, the question is, why does $libdir not work? How can I make it work?
Maybe it was not the best idea to change $libdir into the absolute path?
And finally, do those messages above mean some parts of postgis will not
work correctly and how can I "repair" that?

Thanks!
Benjamin