[postgis-users] Performance and memory problems

strk strk at keybit.net
Thu Dec 4 07:08:57 PST 2003

andrea.aime wrote:
> strk wrote:
>
> > What C++ compiler do you have (name/version) ?
> >

> Libraries are:
>
> gcc 3.2.2 (Mandrake Linux 9.1 3.2.2-3mdk)
> glibc version 2.3.1
> libstc++5-3.2.2

You can try disabling the memory cache feature of libstdc++ by
exporting GLIBCPP_FORCE_NEW=1 before starting the postgresql
postmaster. This might save some memory.

I've had problems with 3.2.2 also try to upgrading to 3.3.2.

Ask on the pgsql-hackers mailing list about postmaster
stack trace (and please let me know).

--strk;