[postgis-users] shp2pgsql: which datatypes are supported?

Hubert Fröhlich hubert.froehlich at bvv.bayern.de
Thu Dec 4 09:46:36 PST 2003

I use PostGis (at the moment:  0.8.0 with PostgreSQL 7.4 )

I have been using shp2pgsql successfully for several applications
(shapelib 1.2.9) . The import of shapes worked fine for e.g. polygons

Now I have a shape with a MultiPatch datatype. I got the message

**** Type is NOT SUPPORTED, type id = 31 ****

Does shp2pgsql supprot MultiPatch? OR do I need a newer shapelib
(however I did not find a hint on MultiPatch in the 1.2.10 release).

Regards,

Hubert

Dr.-Ing. Hubert Fröhlich
Bezirksfinanzdirektion München
Alexandrastr. 3, D-80538 München, GERMANY
Tel. :+49 (0)89 / 2190 - 2980
Fax  :+49 (0)89 / 2190 - 2459
hubert.froehlich at bvv.bayern.de