[postgis-users] GEOS link needed

Andrea Aime andrea.aime at aliceposta.it
Thu Dec 4 12:15:17 PST 2003

On Thursday 04 December 2003 20:27, krishna kumar wrote:
> Hi Andrea Aime and everybody,
>       I'm using Redhat linux 9 . I have installed postgresql7.4, proj4
> using rpm.now i need to install geos.. its seems some dependencies are not
> satisfying, can u give me the link of the geos version u installed and how
> did u install it., wats the procedure. and is their any rpm for installing
> postgis0.8.... if not should i build it myself from the postgresql source
> tree ???..

If you want to do like me, you will have to compile from sources,
and you need a properly configured set of postgres sources to compile
postgis. The same holds true for geos.
When building, I've always used ./configure --prefix=/usr to get the
same results as an rpm install, and I've also copied the init files
for postgres from the postgres rpm file. Just downloaded the sources
and read carefully the README and INSTALL files, follow directions,
and good luck :-)

Andrea