[postgis-users] Re: GEOS Installation Testing Help

Darren Houston dhouston at beyondcompliance.ca
Fri Dec 5 00:28:23 PST 2003

Interesting.

>From Steffen's suggestion I tried:

SELECT intersection('POINT(1 1)', 'POINT(1 1)');

and PostgreSQL/PostGIS returned:

SRID=-1;POINT(1 1)

Well, unless a PostGIS programmer says otherwise, or I'm given a Geos
specific query that fails, I will almost definitely say that I have a
working Geos 1.0 install (with PostGIS). My PostgreSQL 7.3X was
installed fresh with my Linux operating system install (with no link to
lstdc++). So, there is a way to get around having to re-install
PostgreSQL from source.

I have also used other Geos functions such as boundry() buffer()
isvalid() and issimple() with success.

Thank you Steffen for your query.

Darren H.

Darren Houston