[postgis-users] Remote running of shp2pgsql / pgsql2shp from Windows to Linux

Carlos Ho Shih Ning cning at atech.br
Tue Dec 9 02:59:49 PST 2003

Hi,

This is an exactly issue of postgis but it might have something that we can make the most of it
as there has been a concern in support multiple languages and so on.

I wonder if, in a local network, from a Java/Windows machine I could trigger the execution of
shp2pgsql / pgsql2shp that are located in Linux machine. Because I am more of the Java camp
and not in the operating/network system I have no idea except trying to install a server in the
Linux machine who could be receiving instructions to upload or download from shape files into PostGis.

thank you in advance.
Carlos