[postgis-users] Re: Problem with shp2pgsql (MULTILINESTRING 8260 as 1

Carlos Ho Shih Ning cning at atech.br
Thu Dec 18 12:25:13 PST 2003

Hi strk,

Indeed you are right.
The trouble is that for some files there are too many of those errors
although the table is successfully loaded into the database.

Just in case you might provide me an opinion.
Do you think that shp2pgsql is too stringent regarding to the definition
of the MULTILINESTRING or something else, while viewers like ArcView
and JUMP are more tolerant and avoid annoying the user about those problems?

I have the impression that nothing is missed despite of that error message.

thank you very much :-)
Ho