[postgis-users] PostGIS Usage Survey

Richard Greenwood Rich at GreenwoodMap.com
Mon Feb 3 16:15:34 PST 2003

>- Name of the organization

Greenwood Mapping, Inc. I have a small GIS consulting shop in Wyoming, USA.

>- Data being managed in the database

Cadastral data

>- How the data is being accessed / manipulated

At this point I am just "playing" with PostGIS, i.e. I do not have any
production systems using it. Not to say that I have any reservations
regarding PostGIS, I just do not have an appropriate project in which to
implement PostGIS at this time.

>- Why you chose to use PostGIS for the application

Open source. Open standards. An apparent commitment continue in that
direction. No "hidden agenda" to tie the user to a proprietary environment.

It is very flexible and seems to be built on solid algorithms (i.e. I get
trustworthy results). A highly responsive user/support community (I'm
including mapserver here).

Keep up the good work. Good luck at the conference.

Best regards,
Rich

Richard W. Greenwood, PLS
Greenwood Mapping, Inc.