[postgis-users] shp2psql problems

Jeff Lounsbury jeffloun at refractions.net
Tue Feb 4 13:21:00 PST 2003

This was an odd one, it appears that by changing the dbf structure(ie,
deleting a column or two) , the file then loads into postgis fine. Even
by removing the shape and adding a simple square the same seg fault
occurs so it is pretty much certain that there is some problem with the
DBF file itself. Although looking through the dbf file we can't see any
way that it is particulary different from other in any way?? So it seems
this is a problem to look at through the shapelib package and the dbf
reader in that that shp2pgsql uses. Maybe Frank can take a look at that
DBF and give us some insight into it.

And if Michel wants to let us know where the shp/dbf files were created
from, that might help figure it out as well...
-Jeff