[postgis-users] Cygwin / PostgreSQL / PostGIS installation

Henry Holland hjholland at gmx.net
Tue Feb 25 03:18:12 PST 2003

Christian,

Thanks. I tried your first solution and it worked. Finally! :)

> question. Did you
> also install the package Perl in Cygwin?

Yes, I installed the binary. I've had no luck trying to install it from
the source, and no-one's been able to help me on the lists (perl and
cygwin lists) either. I can install Postgresql from source if I don't
use perl (or any of the other extensions), but if I use --with-perl I
get more undefined references. Now, if postgis works with the binary
postgresql, perhaps I can use it as is and won't have to worry too much
since the binary is compiled with perl and java. I'll let you know if I
have any more trouble.

Thanks again.

Henry