[postgis-users] ogr2ogr dummy help for tiger

Obe, Regina DND\MIS robe.dnd at ci.boston.ma.us
Wed Feb 26 06:57:26 PST 2003

It's the folder I think you want not the file prefix -- syntax should be

ogr2ogr  -f "ESRI Shapefile"  shp mytigerfolder

WHERE mytigerfolder is the folder you have all the tiger files in and shp is
the shape file folder you want created to house the shape files.

I recall having an issue with converting from tiger to shape.  I think the
problem was that some of the layers had no geometries which caused problems
for the shape driver so you have to use one of the other ogr2ogr option tags
to specify only conversion of the completechain or something like that.

When I did it though, I was outputting to map info tab format which seemed
to work fine without any additional options.