[postgis-users] non-bounding box intersections

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Wed Feb 26 17:26:23 PST 2003

Brent Wood wrote:

> I'm looking at using Postgres/PostGIS to undertake some basic spacial
> analyses.
>
> To this end I'm wondering if/when PostGIS will support genuine
> polygon/line queries instead of bounding box based queries.

Hi Brent and PostGIS world:

If we could make the time, we could have that support in a week, but
right now we are all working on billable projects.

However, we can be made to reprioritize PostGIS work with the simple
application of money! Doing free PostGIS work when paying work is
available is a not-so-smart, so PostGIS gets de-prioritized at busy
times unless it is paid PostGIS work. If you'd like a quote for getting
PostGIS-with-predicates out the door, I can whip one up real fast.

Failing that, I cannot guarantee that we'll have the GEOS integration
done until mid-April. Busy season ends March 31'ish.

Paul

--
       __
      /