[postgis-users] line simplication

Eric L. Blevins eblevins at insight.rr.com
Wed Jan 8 08:10:53 PST 2003

The more I think of this idea the more I would like to see it!

A simplification function that accepts the geometry and a factor of how much
to simplify will be very usefull to anyone using applications like
mapserver.
With this function I think I could decrease the rendering time of my maps by
an order of magnitude while still producing quality maps.

Is there anyone out there who wants to help create this function?
I am willing to devote time to it.

Eric L. Blevins
www.WiFiMaps.com