[postgis-users] Error creating index

christian.schuster at rsag.ch christian.schuster at rsag.ch
Wed Jan 29 23:08:44 PST 2003

Hi list,

I am a newbie and I have problem to create a GIST index.

Im working on a Win2000 station with Cygwin, PostgreSQL 7.3.1-1 and
PostGIS-0.7.3;

I created a database (myGISdb) and a table (geo_points) with a column
'col1' of type 'point';

Now, if I want to create a GIST index on this column an error is occuring.

Any ideas?

myGISdb=# create index idx_geo_points on geo_points using GIST (col1
GIST_GEOMETRY_OPS);
ERROR:  operator class "gist_geometry_ops" does not accept data type point
ERROR:  operator class "gist_geometry_ops" does not accept data type point
myGISdb=#

Christian Schuster

Rudolf Schuster AG
Postfach 277