Solved Re: [postgis-users] Error creating index

christian.schuster at rsag.ch christian.schuster at rsag.ch
Thu Jan 30 01:51:40 PST 2003

I solved the problem. I did not create the table the right way. I did not
use the SELECT AddGeometryColumn(....

Christian Schuster

Rudolf Schuster AG
Postfach 277
CH - 3000 Bern 11

http://www.rsag.ch
++41 31 348 05 30

christian.schuster at rsag.ch
Sent by: postgis-users-bounces at postgis.refractions.net
30.01.2003 08:08
Please respond to
PostGIS Users Discussion <postgis-users at postgis.refractions.net>

postgis-users at postgis.refractions.net
cc

Subject
[postgis-users] Error creating index

Hi list,

I am a newbie and I have problem to create a GIST index.

Im working on a Win2000 station with Cygwin, PostgreSQL 7.3.1-1 and
PostGIS-0.7.3;

I created a database (myGISdb) and a table (geo_points) with a column
'col1' of type 'point';

Now, if I want to create a GIST index on this column an error is occuring.

Any ideas?

myGISdb=# create index idx_geo_points on geo_points using GIST (col1
GIST_GEOMETRY_OPS);
ERROR:  operator class "gist_geometry_ops" does not accept data type point

ERROR:  operator class "gist_geometry_ops" does not accept data type point

myGISdb=#

Christian Schuster

Rudolf Schuster AG
Postfach 277