[postgis-users] PostGIS Windows Installer under XP

Laurent Michel laurent.michel at geo12.com
Sat Jul 5 04:57:36 PDT 2003

I still get problems with the installer :
- I cleared my previous install : ran PostGis uninstaller, removed any
item related to cygwin from win registry, deleted files, services ...
- I re-installed everything

The Installer went fine, but here is what I get :

$ createuser Laurent
Shall the new user be allowed to create databases? (y/n) y
Shall the new user be allowed to create more new users? (y/n) y
psql: could not connect to server: Bad file descriptor
	Connections on Unix domain socket "/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432"?
createuser: creation of user "Laurent" failed

Any idea ?