[postgis-users] double byte character

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Thu Jul 24 21:54:24 PDT 2003

PostgreSQL itself supports international character sets.
PostGIS has not had any particular i8n designed into it, but gains all
of the PostgreSQL i8n efforts.
In the case of shp2pgsql, I think the problem is the Shape format, is
it not? Can the DBF files store anything other than 8-bit character
sets?

Paul

On Thursday, July 24, 2003, at 05:03 PM, Rishi Kumar wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does postgis support double byte character (e.g Japanese Character)?
>
> How do I do the data entry with double byte data, it seems shp2pgsql
> does not
> support that?
>
> Thank You

      Paul Ramsey