[postgis-users] avpgcon revisited

Robert W. Burgholzer rburghol at vt.edu
Fri Jul 25 09:43:16 PDT 2003

Hello,
I am trying a new install of Postgis on a redhat llinux 7.3 macine. Using
avpgcon 6.2 on WinNT, Arcview 3.1 I am getting an error "could nlot send
startup message...". The avpgcon is able to connect to another postgresql
server just fine, thus I suspect that it is in my setup on the server which is
a problem. I have verified that the query being called is executable on the
server, and in fact that there is some traffic going over port 5432, yet,
there is not any entries in my postgresql log file indicating that there are
either problems or other. The version of postgres is 7.3.3 and postgis 0.7.5.
I also believe that I have the appropriate entries in pg_hba.conf, but that
could be a problem I suppose.

Any help would be appreciated.

Robert burgholzer
Maptech Inc.