[postgis-users] Running createlang and postgis.sql

Mike Leahy mgleahy at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 3 09:28:52 PDT 2003

Just a couple questions.when I run the command "createlang plpgsql
[DBNAME]" - I'm guessing that means the build that I got already
includes this language?

Next, when I run "psql -d independencia -f postgis.sql", I get the
following notices:

'spatial_ref_sys_pkey' for table 'spatial_ref_sys'

NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE / PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index 'gc_pk'
for table 'geometry_columns'

NOTICE:  ProcedureCreate: type box3d is not yet defined

NOTICE:  ProcedureCreate: type spheroid is not yet defined

NOTICE:  ProcedureCreate: type wkb is not yet defined

NOTICE:  ProcedureCreate: type chip is not yet defined

NOTICE:  ProcedureCreate: type geometry is not yet defined

NOTICE:  COMMIT: no transaction in progress

Is this an issue I should be concerned about?

Kind regards,

Mike