[postgis-users] stat failed on file '$libdir/postgis.dll': No such file or directory

Tyler Mitchell TMitchell at lignum.com
Fri Jun 13 08:50:25 PDT 2003

If you are using a package you grabbed for cygwin, you should probably be
using the postgis.sql that came with it.
I think mine was in /usr/src/postgresql/contrib/postgis/postgis.sql.

|---------+--------------------------------------------->
|         |           "Mike Leahy"                      |
|         |           <mgleahy at fes.uwaterloo.ca>        |
|         |           Sent by:                          |
|         |           postgis-users-bounces at postgis.refr|
|         |           actions.net                       |
|         |                                             |
|         |                                             |
|         |           06/13/2003 08:44 AM               |
|         |           Please respond to PostGIS Users   |
|         |           Discussion                        |
|         |                                             |
|---------+--------------------------------------------->
  |       To:       "'PostGIS Users Discussion'" <postgis-users at postgis.refractions.net>                                         |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                    |
  |       Fax to:                                                                                                                |
  |       Subject:  RE: [postgis-users] stat failed on file '$libdir/postgis.dll': No       such file or directory               |

Okay, replacing $libdir with the windows path worked.  Now I'm getting yet
another error near the end of the script:

psql:postgis.sql:816: ERROR:  OperatorDef: function
postgis_gist_sel(internal, oid, internal, integer) does not exist

Any suggestions for this one?  Perhaps this is because the postgis.sql I'm
using (the one that came with the version Tyler Mitchell made available to
me) doesn't correspond with the latest version of postgis?  If so, does
anybody have one that is current?

Mike