[postgis-users] PointM, PolyLineM, PolygonM

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Mar 3 09:50:08 PST 2003

Paul Ramsey wrote:
> Since the measures are a vertex-by-vertex measurement, not a
> feature-by-feature one, they cannot be dropped into an attribute table,
> generally speaking.

Paul,

But they could be kept in an "array" field, couldn't they?  I realize
this would lose the explicit relationship with the geometry and it might
get out of sync if operations were done, but it seems like a cheap way to
incorporate the data now.  The loader could give an option to do this, or
to insert as the Z coordinate in the geometry.

Best regards,