[postgis-users] Raster data

Chris G. Nicholas cgn at globexplorer.com
Mon Mar 10 07:59:57 PST 2003

What were you looking for? We have 200+ terabytes of raster content available as an OpenGIS WMS, all of which we index/manipulate using a spatial db. We use transactions to store, move, etc the raster files, but we certainly don't store it all *in* the db.

For example - where do you want decompression of MrSid and/or Jpeg2000 imagery to occur? Where do you want reprojection to occur? How would you control mosaicing? In the db or in the client?

Chris Nicholas
GlobeXplorer